The Special Pensave Plan is a personal pension policy but with an Investment edge. It offers a convenient means of providing pension benefits for the Life assured on and after retirement. Additionally in the event of death of the Life assured, it will provide financial protection to dependants, if Sum assured has been opted for.
Retirement Benefits At retirement, either a Gross Monthly Pension is paid Or 25% of the Gross Pension is paid in the form of a Lump Sum PLUS a Reduced Monthly Pension throughout life, is payable.
A total of 3 options are available for payment of the retirement benefit. These are as follows:
- A fixed pension payable for a guarantee period of 5 years from Retirement Date and for Life thereafter. (In the event of death of the Life Assured during the guarantee period, a death benefit equivalent to the total pension remaining to be paid up to the end of the guarantee period, shall be payable to the beneficiary. If death occurs after the guarantee period, no death benefit is payable)
- A pension increasing each year by a fixed percentage which shall not exceed 3% per annum. This increasing pension shall be payable for a guarantee period of 5 years from Retirement Date and for Life thereafter. (In the event of death of the Life Assured during the guarantee period, a death benefit equivalent to the total pension remaining to be paid up to the end of the guarantee period, shall be payable to the beneficiary. If death occurs after the guarantee period, no death benefit is payable).
- A monthly fixed pension, payable in arrears, equivalent to 1% of 75% of the Account Balance at Retirement Date payable out of the Account Balance until it is totally expended. (In the event of death of the Life assured, a death benefit equivalent to the Account Balance, if any, at date of death, shall become payable to the beneficiary.) The pension provided may be paid monthly, quarterly, half yearly or annually in arrears.
In- built Death Benefits
- In case of Death before retirement, the Account Balance or any Single Premium Paid whichever is greater is payable.
- In case of Death after retirement, a death benefit in accordance with the option chosen at Retirement is payable.
Open market Option
On retirement the Life Assured may in lieu of options available above opt for the amount equal to 75% of the gross pension at Retirement Date to be transferred to another registered insurer for the purchase of a pension.
Surrender Value / Paid up
- There is no Surrender Value under this policy.
- This Policy shall acquire a paid-up value after one full year’s premium has been paid
The policy is suitable for all sections of the community who wish to save funds to ensure continuous flow of income after Retirement.
- Pensionable employees can top up their basic pensions using this policy.
- Non- pensionable employees can use this policy to cater for their retirement benefits. Self-employed can use this policy as a good savings plan to provide for retirement benefits.
- At retirement, there exists the flexibility of choosing between 3 Retirement Benefits options.
- Open market option gives the customer an ultimate choice over his Fund value at retirement (transfer of funds).
- Our good investment return makes this product attractive.
- Policy cannot be surrendered.
- Policy cannot be assigned against a loan/debt.