Need a clarification?
Obtain the answers you are searching for from the list below. If your query remains unanswered, you can fill a contact form and we will get back to you.
- Your Name
- Policy / Loan / Vehicle number
- Mobile Number
- Email Address
- Full Details of your complaint
- In writing to:
- In person by speaking to SICOM’s representatives
- By calling on 203 8475
- By email to [email protected]
- By completing a Feedback Form
- By completing a Survey form
- By sending messages on SICOM Social Media Pages (Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter)
According to the Road Traffic (Amendment No. 3) Act 2003, new regulations will be applicable to motor vehicle road accidents as from 1st August 2004. The Agreed Statement of Facts ( Constat à l’amiable) has been devised to make procedures easier in cases of minor road accidents where no police intervention is required.
You can have a form from your nearest filling station or contact directly SICOM.
A ‘Constat à l’amiable’ Form should NOT be filled in where
- More than 2 vehicles are involved in the accident
- the driver of the other vehicle does not agree with you on how the accident happened
- the driver appears to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- there are casualties ( fatal, serious or slight injuries)
- there is damage to structure and property other than the vehicles ( e.g. traffic signs, guardrails, kerbs, boundary walls, gates etc.)
- a State–owned vehicle is involved in the accident
- any of the motor vehicles does not have a valid insurance vignette
- one of the drivers does not hold a valid driving licence
Call immediately the Insurance Hotline on 203 9011 where assistance will be given to you.
As a Private Car Comprehensive Insurance Policyholder, you are entitled to a complimentary Roadside Assistance Service.
If you are on the move and an accident or a simple breakdown brings you to a standstill, our service provider will deal with the problem quickly and efficiently.
- Your vehicle runs out of petrol
- Flat battery
- Flat tyres
- Accident or breakdown that cannot be repaired on site
Simply call our service provider (24/7) on 8995. Before contacting us, make sure you have the following information handy:
- The registration number of your vehicle
- The make/model
- Details of the event
- Exact location
- A contact number
- The insurance policy number
- 3 Roadside repairs within 1 annual period of insurance
- 3 Towings within 1 annual period of insurance
- Vehicles other than private cars and SUVs
- Off road rescue cases
- Cost of spare parts, including battery
- Cost of petrol for refuelling
- Unattended vehicles
- Unregistered vehicles