Team Leader - Actuarial
03 Apr 2023
Share this job
The Team Leader-Actuarial will provide technical support in actuarial work for external and internal clients related to Pensions, Life and General Insurance businesses.
- Perform/review actuarial valuations of Pension Funds and technical computations pertaining to pensions, life assurance and general insurance.
- Provide technical support in the implementation of IFRS 17.
- Assist actuarial consultants in outsourced assignments.
- Carry out experience investigation, statistical analysis, and other analytical work on a regular basis.
- Manage actuarial projects/initiatives.
- Draft relevant actuarial documents/reports for clients.
- Interact with clients, consultants, and auditors on actuarial issues.
- Provide the appropriate support and on the job training to junior staff.
- Assist higher officers in the administration work of department and provide input for the ongoing improvement in work processes.
- Work collaboratively in a team while tracking implementation delivery and reporting on progress.
- Perform any other cognate duties as may be assigned by the Head of Department and/or Senior Management.
- Either BSc in Actuarial Science or a degree in a related field such as Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Computer Science, Data Science plus at least 5 subjects cleared from a recognized Actuarial Body.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in an actuarial team preferably in employee benefits.
- Knowledge of IFRS 17 and exposure to actuarial work related to Life and/or General Insurance will be a strong advantage.
- Strong insurance and pensions knowledge.
- Excellent computer skills in Excel, Word and PowerPoint and ability to use actuarial software will be an advantage.
- Ability to understand and analyze insurance and financial data.
- Self-motivated and results oriented.
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Ability to think innovatively and creatively.
- Strong skills in interpersonal relationships, communication and presentation, planning, decision-making and problem-solving.
The Company reserves the right to call for interview only the best qualified candidates and not to make any appointment as a result of this advertisement.