Claim - Car Insurance

Jumpstart your motor claim process. Notify us of your motor claim within 5 days of the accident.

Document Checklist

Original document & 1 copy of each of the following documents should be submitted:

Personal details

  • Duly completed and signed claim form
  • Driver’s ID Card
  • Driver’s Driving Licence
  • Horse Power of the vehicle
  • Insurance certificate

Accident details

  • Original Constat à L'amiable OR
  • For Police Reporting, please submit the Notice of Intended Prosecution (NIP) and the Police Report / Memo


Claim FAQ

  • Notify us of your claim in writing or by phone as soon as possible and at latest within 5 days of occurrence of the event giving rise to the claim. You will be required to fill in a Claim Form with details of the accident.
  • Where necessary, please take reasonable steps to prevent further loss or damage
  • As far as possible, do not incur any repair costs without our prior approval, but if emergency repairs are necessary to prevent further loss, please keep the receipts for the costs involved
  • Preserve the damaged vehicle for inspection purposes
  • Send us without delay any claim, which you may receive, from another party in connection with the accident.

  • In the event of loss or damage to your vehicle, we shall have it repaired to the garage of your choice or by one of our nominated repairers, depending on the age and pre-accident condition of your vehicle.
  • In case the vehicle is treated as a total loss, the maximum amount which is payable is the pre-accident market value or the Sum Insured, whichever is the lesser.

  • An excess is the amount below which SICOM will not pay claims in respect of loss or damage to an insured vehicle. Please refer to your specific insurance policy for details on excess amount.
  • Excesses are applicable only for vehicles insured under the comprehensive cover and is applicable whether you are at fault or not.
  • If you are at fault, you will have to pay for expenses made to your vehicle and up to the excess amount.
  • In case you are not at fault, you may claim the excess from the insurer of the third party at fault.

  • If your vehicle is not roadworthy and is being repaired following a surveyor’s report, you can get a replacement car if your insurance policy includes the ‘Loss of Use’ feature.
  • You have the choice to get a replacement car, or get a daily compensation ranging between Rs 700 to Rs 1,500 depending on the engine capacity, and up to a maximum of 15 days when your car is being repaired.
  • In case you have a total loss claim, we will generally pay loss of use for 10 to 15 days.

Need more help?